Problem with record history file in Ice model

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

lfelipefm

Problem with record history file in Ice model

#1 Unread post by lfelipefm »

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I am running a simulation with a grid for King George Island, in which I initially ran only with oceanic data from GLORYS and forcings from ERA5. However, when I added the ice module I got a fortran error which I have not been able to solve for days.

This error occurs:
TIME-STEP YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.ss KINETIC_ENRG POTEN_ENRG TOTAL_ENRG NET_VOLUME
C => (i,j,k) Cu Cv Cw Max Speed

0 2021-01-01 00:00:00.00 4.808256E-03 9.786249E+03 9.786253E+03 3.248832E+13
(63,67,20) 1.962810E-02 1.346390E-02 0.000000E+00 4.006424E-01
DEF_HIS - creating history file, Grid 01: Projects/ATMOS/atmos_his.nc
At line 399 of file lbc.f90
Fortran runtime error: Positive integer required in format
(a,':',t**,a,a,a,a)
^

I noticed that when I put a very large number to save the history file in NHIS == 1000000, that this number exceeds the simulation time the error does not appear the simulation runs normally.

However, if I set a timestep within the simulation period, the model crashes. Has anyone seen this error?

What I find strange is that if I run the same simulation without the Ice module, it runs normally.

I tried to adjust the lbc.f90 file on the line in question but to no avail.
Attachments
output_running.txt
(47.76 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ocean_antartic.in
(146.16 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ice_antartic.in
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

kate

Re: Problem with record history file in Ice model

#2 Unread post by kate »

It is far better to post here than in a PM. Please don't send me PMs asking about ROMS. I am no longer using ROMS and I'm certainly not up to date on the ROMS ice. I don't even know - is Hernan's new ice now available in COAWST and is that what you are using?

wilkin

#3 Unread post by wilkin »

This is a COAWST specific problem, so you should pose your questions to that group.

That said, it looks like you are running an old version (you still have varinfo.dat, not varinfo.yaml) so it might be time to update in case you are encountering a solved problem.

The myroms.org repository has an ice module based on the same code in COAWST but updated. See https://www.myroms.org/projects/src/ticket/963.
Please consider running this newer code.
John Wilkin: DMCS Rutgers University
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA. ph: 609-630-0559 jwilkin@rutgers.edu

lfelipefm

#4 Unread post by lfelipefm »

Dear Kate, I apologize for the inconvenience. As this is an old code, I thought you might have had a similar problem. I didn't want to cause you any inconvenience.

I'll keep my questions here.

Wilkin, thank you for your message. I'll be focusing my efforts on this code this week. I ran the code coupled (WRF+ROMS) successfully before, but now, I want to force it with ERA5 on roms and I'm really having problems.

I'll test with a newer version. If it works we have a version problem.

Thank you for your support and I will come back to this topic soon to inform you.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)